Week Nine live fantasy updates
Posted By PFW staff
Updated 8:06 p.m. ET
Week Nine injury update for the Sunday night game:
- Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee) is out with a knee injury and personal issues. Our thoughts are with him but this week look for Antonio Brown to see a bump in targets against one of the league's best in the Ravens as Hines Ward (ankle) will be on a snap count. Brown makes a No. 3 or flex-play receiver whereas Ward is only an injury fill-in, in the largest of leagues.
- Ravens WR Lee Evans (ankle), as expected is out and Torrey Smith will see the start for another week but only makes a flex, bye-week or injury fill-in with minimal upside.
Week Nine injury updates for the late games:
- Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) is inactive this week and his backup Donald Lee has no fantasy value.
- Raiders RB Darren McFadden (foot) is out and Michael Bush will start and he's a must-start fantasy play this week.
- Raidres TE Kevin Boss (concussion) is active but is only a viable start in the largest of leagues as an injury or bye-week fill-in but leave him on your bench if you can.
- Raiders K Sebastian Janikowski (hamstring) is active this week and expected to resume all kicking duties. If you own him, start him.
- Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (groin) is inactive, so look for Mike Tolbert (hamstring) to carry the load this week with Curtis Brinkley (concussion) spelling him and being the change-of-pace back. Tolbert makes a No. 2 or flex play back whereas Brinkley is an injury fill-in in larger leagues and a bench in other formats.
- Chargers WR Malcom Floyd (hip) is inactive, so look for QB Philip Rivers to spread his targets towards WR Patrick Crayton and Vincent Jackson, RB Mike Tolbert and TE Antonio Gates. Floyd being out does not increase any specific player's value.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) is out after aggravating the foot he had a screw placed in two years ago. Brandon Jacobs should see most of the touches making him a No. 2 fantasy back this week.
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) is out this week after not being able to practice. Look for Victor Cruz to get the start and he's a must-start fantasy play. Also, Giants WR Mario Manningham (illness) is active as expected and makes a No. 1 fantasy receiver this week.
- Patriots RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis (toe) is active and should serve as the goal line back. Look for the team to spread the carries between Green-Ellis and with Danny Woodhead seeing a few touches here and there, especially with RB Kevin Faulk (knee) is out.
- Patriots WR Wes Welker (neck) is active and will play against the Giants and makes a No. 1 fantasy receiver.
- Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez (knee) as expected is active and he'll eat into some of Rob Gronkowski's targets but both are still No. 1 fantasy tight ends.
- Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb (turf toe) is out this week so backup John Skelton will start. His play will hurt the receivers overall but you still start WR Larry Fitzgerald.
- Cardinals RB Beanie Wells (knee) will play this week as expected and makes a No. 2 or flex position back.
- Cardinals RB LaRod Sephens-Howling (shoulder) is active and will be part of a trio of runners with Alfonso Smith and Chester Taylor that backup starter Beanie Wells.
- Cardinals TE Todd Heap (hamstring) is active but with Kevin Kolb (toe) out and John Skelton in, Heap has minimal if any fantasy value.
- Cardinals TE Rob Housler (groin) is out leaving tight end duties to Todd Heap (hamstring) and Jeff King. Neither player has any value.
- Rams QB Sam Bradford (ankle) is active and will make the start. However, he has no fantasy value this week and WR Brandon Lloyd still makes the only viable fantasy WR play for the Rams. WR Danario Alexander (hamstring) is out after suffering a setback in practice.
Week Nine injury updates for the early games:
- Bucs WR Sammie Stroughter (ankle) went through full practice Friday but is inactive for Week Nine. Look for Preston Parker to continue his role in the slot.
- Saints RB Mark Ingram (heel) is out so look for Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas to carry the load. Sproles is a No. 1 fantasy back and Thomas makes a flex or bye-week fill-in.
- Dolphins RB Daniel Thomas (hamstring) is active and makes a flex or fill-in back this week. This reduces the value and role of Reggie Bush, making him a bye-week or injury fill-in. Steve Slaton is out, leaving goal-line duties to Thomas.
- Cowboys RB Felix Jones (ankle) as expected is out with DeMarco Murray slated to carry the load. He makes a No. 1 fantasy back this week.
- Redskins TE Fred Davis (ankle) is active and makes a lower No. 1 fantasy play but is a viable start.
- Redskins RB Tashard Choice (hamstring), newly signed is inactive as expected. Look for the team to go with Ryan Torain and Roy Helu with Torain a flex play and Helu a bye-week or injury fill-in.
- Redskins WR Santana Moss (hand) is out, so Jabar Gaffney will see the start but has struggled to handle No. 1 duties and is only an injury fill-in this week.
- Browns RB Peyton Hillis (hamstring) and backup RB Montario Hardesty (calf) are out. Look for Chris Ogbonnaya who fits the West Coast offense the Browns run, to see most of the carries. He only makes a flex back this week or a low-end No. 2 in larger leagues but has little upside.
- Texans WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) is out but closer to playing. This week look for WR Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter will start. Walter makes a flex play, bye-week fill-in where Jones is only an injury fill-in, in larger leagues.
- Jets WR Plaxico Burress (lower back) is active and makes an injury fill-in at best this week but does have upside.
- Colts RB Joseph Addai (knee) is active but only makes a flex or bye-week fill-in. Delone Carter makes a bye-week fill-in and Donald Brown makes an injury fill-in.
- Colts TE Dallas Clark (knee) is active this week but is not a viable play due to inconsistency from his quarterbacks.
- Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral) is active and will start but is not yet a viable fantasy play though he improves the other skill positions.