About the Author
Recent posts by Dan Arkush
Each week throughout the season, PFW executive editor and resident Packers expert Dan Arkush hooks up with a personality who has connections with the Packers and asks him five team-related questions. This week, Dan connects with Wayne Larrivee, the Packers' play-by-play man and co-host with Hub Arkush of PFW's syndicated weekly radio show.
1. I'll ask you the same question I led off with when I talked to Hub last week — which Packers make your personal All-NFL Midseason team?
Larrivee: QB Aaron Rodgers, C Scott Wells, WR Greg Jennings, ILB Desmond Bishop and CB Charles Woodson should all get consideration for Midseason All-NFL from the Packers. Clay Matthews doesn't have the sacks so far this season, but he is playing both the pass and the run as well as any linebacker could.
2. What do you consider to be the biggest game left on the Packers' schedule and why?
Larrivee: I think the San Diego Chargers are the most talented team left on the schedule, the Lions game on Thanksgiving Day will be the most significant, and of course, the games at the Giants and against the Bears will be important as well.
3. What was your favorite individual play (offense, defense or special teams) in the Packers' first seven games?
Larrivee: The 108-yard kickoff return for a TD by Randall Cobb vs. New Orleans in the opener.
4. What is the team's biggest concern in your mind the rest of the way?
Larrivee: Defense — especially allowing big plays in the passing game, and specifically on third downs.
5. What team in the NFC do you think is the best right now aside from the Packers?
Larrivee: San Francisco — they have talent, and Jim Harbaugh has them believing. That's more than half the battle.