About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Oct. 30, 2011 @ 3:37 p.m. ET
Byes: Falcons, Bears, Packers, Jets, Raiders, Buccaneers
Here are our fantasy rankings for tight ends:
- Jimmy Graham, Saints at Rams
- Antonio Gates, Chargers at Chiefs
- Jason Witten, Cowboys at Eagles
- Aaron Hernandez, Patriots at Steelers
- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots at Steelers
- Vernon Davis, 49ers vs. Browns
- Owen Daniels, Texans vs. Jaguars
- Fred Davis, Redskins at Bills
- Brandon Pettigrew, Lions at Broncos
- Greg Olsen, Panthers vs. Vikings
- Jermaine Gresham, Bengals at Seahawks
- Jeremy Shockey, Panthers vs. Vikings
- Jared Cook, Titans vs. Colts
- Heath Miller, Steelers vs. Patriots
- Jake Ballard, Giants vs. Dolphins
- Evan Moore, Browns at 49ers
- Visanthe Shiancoe, Vikings at Panthers
- Delanie Walker, 49ers vs. Browns
- Ed Dickson, Ravens vs. Cardinals
- Dallas Clark, Colts at Titans
- Anthony Fasano, Dolphins at Giants
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars at Texans
- Zach Miller, Seahawks vs. Bengals — UP
- Ben Watson, Browns at 49ers — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Daniel Fells, Broncos vs. Lions
- Brent Celek, Eagles vs. Cowboys
- Joel Dreessen, Texans vs. Jaguars
- Julius Thomas, Broncos vs. Lions — UP
- James Casey, Texans vs. Jaguars — UP
- Michael Hoomanawanui, Rams vs. Saints
- Scott Chandler, Bills vs. Redskins
- Randy McMichael, Chargers at Chiefs
- Dennis Pitta, Ravens vs. Cardinals
- Tony Scheffler, Lions at Broncos
- Clay Harbor, Eagles vs. Cowboys
- Lance Kendricks, Rams vs. Saints
- Leonard Pope, Chiefs vs. Chargers
- Cameron Morrah, Seahawks vs. Bengals
- Kyle Rudolph, Vikings at Panthers
- Todd Heap, Cardinals at Ravens — INJ (INACTIVE)
- David Thomas, Saints at Rams — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Chris Cooley, Redskins (I.R.)
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.