About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Oct. 30, 2011 @ 3:20 p.m. ET
Byes: Falcons, Bears, Packers, Jets, Raiders, Buccaneers
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Vikings
- Drew Brees, Saints at Rams
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Steelers
- Michael Vick, Eagles vs. Cowboys
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers vs. Patriots
- Tony Romo, Cowboys at Eagles
- Tim Tebow, Broncos vs. Lions
- Eli Manning, Giants vs. Dolphins
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Chiefs
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills vs. Redskins
- Matt Schaub, Texans vs. Jaguars
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Cardinals
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Broncos — INJ (ACTIVE, HE'LL START)
- Andy Dalton, Bengals at Seahawks
- John Beck, Redskins at Bills
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs vs. Chargers
- Alex Smith, 49ers vs. Browns
- Curtis Painter, Colts at Titans
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans vs. Colts
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals at Ravens
- Christian Ponder, Vikings at Panthers
- Matt Moore, Dolphins at Giants
- Colt McCoy, Browns at 49ers
- Tarvaris Jackson, Seahawks vs. Bengals — INJ (ACTIVE, HE'LL START)
- A.J. Feeley, Rams vs. Saints
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars at Texans
Not listed: Peyton Manning, Colts; Sam Bradford, Rams
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.