They said it: Packers Week Eight edition

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Packers QB to skip Pro Bowl because of injuries

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:33 p.m.

Chiefs hire Packers' Dorsey as GM

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:37 a.m.
Posted Oct. 28, 2011 @ 9:43 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

What follows are some noteworthy quotes from Packers players and coaches worth pondering during the team's bye week.

Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers on if the defense can return to its 2010 form after the bye week:

"I don't know in comparing it to last year. I do think we can play a lot better. That's an encouraging thing to me. We're 7-0. We're doing some things well but we aren't as consistent as we need to be. There are segments when you'll see us play for a couple quarters and we'll play like we want to look and then we'll have a quarter in there where you don't want to give up the big plays that we've had." (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).

Packers special-teams coordinator Shawn Slocum on rookie Randall Cobb's ability to bounce back from two early fumbles with a 42-yard punt return in the third quarter in Week Seven in Minnesota:

"I went to him immediately and talked to him about the situation. He talked with me and I don't think it bogged him down mentally. He made a nice play later and was fine." (Source: Green Bay Press Gazette).

Packers CB Charles Woodson on his two-interception outing in the win over the Vikings:

"I really feel like I should have had four (interceptions) today. But I wasn't able to come up with them. I had a couple, which is good, but I feel like every time I'm around the ball and get a fingertip on it I should catch it." (Source: Packers.com).

Packers QB coach Tom Clements on backup QB Matt Flynn, who couldn't be more under the radar right now with Aaron Rodgers looking like a league MVP lock:

"Matt's doing well. He's in a good situation. I'm sure he wants to play but he understands that Aaron is a great player and ahead of him. But Matt has gotten better every year that he's been here. When he gets his opportunities, he does a very good job for us. He's a very solid quarterback." ((Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).