Statements say things fine between Samuel, Eagles

2013 NFL draft order

Posted April 25, 2013 @ 12:46 p.m.

2013 NFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

2013 AFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

Warmack, Cooper scouting reports

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 11:02 a.m.

Elam, Vaccaro scouting reports

Posted April 12, 2013 @ 9:26 a.m.

Milliner, Mathieu scouting reports

Posted April 11, 2013 @ 1:48 p.m.

Te'o, Ogletree scouting reports

Posted April 10, 2013 @ 12:57 p.m.

Lotulelei, Werner scouting reports

Posted April 09, 2013 @ 3:13 p.m.

Joeckel, Long scouting reports

Posted April 08, 2013 @ 11:35 a.m.

2013 preseason schedule

Posted April 04, 2013 @ 4:07 p.m.
Posted Oct. 26, 2011 @ 9:59 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

After having been made available for the right trade twice this year — in August and again before the trade deadline — it's no surprise that Eagles CB Asante Samuel is a little leery of the organization for whom he currently plays.

Samuel made that clear in a radio interview last weekend, then reiterated his feelings to the media on Wednesday about whether he still felt wanted by the team.

"By Andy (Reid). A couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares. They probably never played football," Samuel said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. "It's a business, they run it like a business, so they're going to do what they need to do. So they're upstairs playing with a lot of money, playing a little fantasy football, so they're doing their thing."

Later in the day, Samuel released a statement on the team's website.

"Earlier today, I let my emotions get the best of me," he said. "Everything's good and I'm happy to be here. I had a talk with coach Reid this afternoon and I now have a better understanding of how business works in the NFL. Let's get a win Sunday."

Reid took to issuing a statement of his own.

"I am aware of how Asante felt and we have since talked. We both left with a positive feeling going forward. As I have said previously, when we acquired Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha, we had received numerous calls on the availability of our cornerbacks. After discussing significant trade offers with other teams, we decided to keep all three cornerbacks on our team. Asante is a valuable member of our team and we appreciate all that he brings to this organization. As far as my relationship with Howie (Roseman) and Joe (Banner), I have a great deal of respect for both of them and I know we are all on the same page."

The way we see it

Samuel is clearly disgruntled and the only way this issue will move to the background is if the Eagles start winning and living up to the high expectations that they came into the season with.

If they continue to struggle, or fall out of playoff contention, Samuel's frustration and that of other Eagles could rear its ugly head.