About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Byes: Falcons, Bears, Packers, Jets, Raiders, Buccaneers
Here are our fantasy rankings for defenses:
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cardinals
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Browns
- New Orleans Saints at Rams
- New York Giants vs. Dolphins
- San Diego Chargers at Chiefs
- Houston Texans vs. Jaguars
- Detroit Lions at Broncos
- Tennessee Titans vs. Colts
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Bengals
- Cleveland Browns at 49ers
- Cincinnati Bengals at Seahawks
- Buffalo Bills vs. Redskins
- Dallas Cowboys at Eagles
- Washington Redskins at Bills
- Carolina Panthers vs. Vikings
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Patriots
- New England Patriots at Steelers
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Texans
- Denver Broncos vs. Lions
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cowboys
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Chargers
- Arizona Cardinals at Ravens
- Indianapolis Colts at Titans
- Miami Dolphins at Giants
- Minnesota Vikings at Panthers
- St. Louis Rams vs. Saints
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.