Suh: Ryan's brief injury was 'karma' for Falcons

McClure retires after 14 years with Falcons

Posted March 25, 2013 @ 3:03 p.m.

Gonzalez says he's returning to Falcons

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5 p.m.

SS Moore is staying with the Falcons

Posted March 09, 2013 @ 9:36 a.m.

Detroit Lions: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:22 p.m.

Financing terms reached for new Falcons stadium

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:17 p.m.

Lions re-sign LB Levy

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 12:59 p.m.

Atlanta Falcons: 2013 team needs

Posted March 02, 2013 @ 2:50 p.m.

Lions re-sign OT Hilliard

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 12:05 p.m.

Falcons release Abraham, Robinson, Turner

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 11:06 a.m.
Posted Oct. 24, 2011 @ 7:01 p.m. ET

By NOAH TRISTER
AP Sports Writer

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Amid yet another flap over his on-field conduct, Ndamukong Suh is making some accusations of his own.

The Detroit defensive lineman said Monday that Atlanta QB Matt Ryan's brief injury against the Lions was "karma" and hinted that the Falcons have been guilty of dirty play.

Ryan tweaked a knee when OL Will Svitek stepped on his left ankle, but he came back in the game a short while later and helped Atlanta beat the Lions 23-16 on Sunday.

"To me it's karma for all the bad stuff they've done in the past," Suh said. "Their offensive lineman hurt their own quarterback."

Atlanta players told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after that game that Suh and fellow DL Cliff Avril taunted Ryan while he was down.

"I had respect for Suh before the game," C Todd McClure said. "But when Matt was on the ground, the things he was saying and the trash he was talking was definitely uncalled for. There are certain things you don't do. (He said), 'Get the cart' and several other things that I can't repeat."

WR Roddy White said he lost respect for both Suh and Avril.

Avril didn't talk to reporters when Detroit's locker room was open Monday, but Suh did — an unusual occurrence because he usually talks on Wednesdays.

"There's many, many, many plays that I can go back to on film that I watched all week that their offensive line has done, that they've been coached to do, as far as I know," Suh said. "It's not anything that's not been said. It's not anything that's new. Those are things that they're taught to do."

In about a season and a half with the Lions, Suh has already been hit with his share of fines for roughing up quarterbacks. He went on the offensive Monday — with the Falcons as his target.

"I can go back," Suh said. "There's like a 13-15 play clip reel that we have that shows everything they've done. That's not even counting our game."

Suh wasn't specific about what he was accusing Atlanta of, but Detroit LB Stephen Tulloch went into a bit more detail.

"If you watch the film, look across the Falcons' offensive line," Tulloch said. "They are late, cheap-shot guys who have been doing it ever since I've been playing against them, back when I was with Tennessee. They are chop-block guys. You watch the film and they are a real dirty team when it comes to the offensive line."

Suh also defended himself against the accusations of taunting Ryan.

"At that particular time, when he's on the ground, there's nothing that I have to say to him," Suh said.

Not many Falcons were available Monday following their victory, but DL Corey Peters addressed the incident.

"I don't know. I wasn't out there. I believe our guys and what they said. I think that's uncalled for, personally," Peters said. "I would never do that. To see somebody on the ground injured, it could be seriously injured, you don't know at the time. ... I don't know what was said. I don't really want to get into it unless I know for sure what he said, but if he said it, it was uncalled for."

Atlanta coach Mike Smith downplayed the controversy.

"There's a lot of things said between the sidelines and know this: That was a physical, tough football game between two, I think very aggressive, teams — probably the most physical game that we've played to this point," Smith said.

This is the second straight week the Lions are involved in a contentious aftermath to a game. Detroit's Jim Schwartz had to be separated from San Francisco's Jim Harbaugh the previous weekend after the two coaches were involved in an emotionally charged postgame handshake.

Suh concluded his remarks Monday with a dismissive shot at one of the players who criticized him.

"Do I need Rodney (sic) White's respect? No," Suh said. "Leave it at that."

©2011 by STATS LLC and Associated Press.
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited.