About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Oct. 23, 2011 @ 3:02 p.m. ET
Byes: Bills, Bengals, Patriots, Giants, Eagles, 49ers
Here are our fantasy rankings for tight ends:
- Jimmy Graham, Saints vs. Colts
- Jermichael Finley, Packers at Vikings
- Jason Witten, Cowboys vs. Rams
- Antonio Gates, Chargers at Jets — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Owen Daniels, Texans at Titans
- Fred Davis, Redskins at Panthers
- Brandon Pettigrew, Lions vs. Falcons
- Greg Olsen, Panthers vs. Redskins — UP
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons at Lions
- Jared Cook, Titans vs. Texans
- Dallas Clark, Colts at Saints
- Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers vs. Bears
- Jeremy Shockey, Panthers vs. Redskins — UP
- Dustin Keller, Jets vs. Chargers
- Ben Watson, Browns vs. Seahawks
- Heath Miller, Steelers at Cardinals
- Ed Dickson, Ravens at Jaguars
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars vs. Ravens
- Kevin Boss, Raiders vs. Chiefs
- Lance Kendricks, Rams at Cowboys
- Anthony Fasano, Dolphins vs. Broncos
- Joel Dreessen, Texans at Titans
- Visanthe Shiancoe, Vikings vs. Packers
- Evan Moore, Browns vs. Seahawks
- Tony Scheffler, Lions vs. Falcons — UP
- Randy McMichael, Chargers at Jets
- Kellen Davis, Bears vs. Buccaneers — UP
- Daniel Fells, Broncos at Dolphins
- Leonard Pope, Chiefs at Raiders
- Kyle Rudolph, Vikings vs. Packers
- Todd Heap, Cardinals vs. Steelers — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
- Julius Thomas, Broncos at Dolphins — INJ (INACTIVE)
- James Casey, Texans at Titans — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Chris Cooley, Redskins; Zach Miller, Seahawks
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.