Garrard says he's looking for committed team

Dolphins snag former Ravens LB Ellerbe

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:59 p.m.

Colts add OT Cherilus, CB Toler

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:31 p.m.

Broncos sign former Chargers OG Vasquez

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:20 p.m.

Dolphins land WR Wallace

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:13 p.m.

Jets sign QB Garrard

Posted March 11, 2013 @ 7:57 p.m.

Chiefs add CB Robinson

Posted March 09, 2013 @ 8:58 a.m.

Miami Dolphins: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 5:40 p.m.

QB Moore re-signs with Dolphins

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 10:58 a.m.

Dolphins re-sign WR Hartline to five-year deal

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 12:08 a.m.

No tag for Cook ups ante for Titans as FA approaches

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.
Posted Oct. 09, 2011 @ 3:15 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

David Garrard says there's no truth to the rumor that he has lost his desire to play football.

That rumor cropped up after the Dolphins met with Garrard earlier in the week to talk about him replacing Chad Henne, who was lost for the season because of shoulder surgery. Instead of signing Garrard to be their new starting quarterback, Miami inked veteran Sage Rosenfels to back up Matt Moore.

Refuting the rumor, Garrard says it was the Dolphins' unwillingness to make a commitment to him that soured him on a potential deal.

"They were not willing to guarantee me the kind of money that reflects a real commitment and what I believe would protect me from being cut twice in one season," Garrard said. "That doesn't mean I'm one of those players who thinks I'm worthy of another big payday. My thoughts are the money I did want guaranteed the rest of the year was miniscule with respect to what I accomplished over my career. It wasn't outrageous."

Garrard added, "Here's the bottom line: I'm staying in shape. I'm taking care of my body, my legs, my arm — I'm having regular massage treatments. I'm ready to play. I'm ready for the right opportunity. This (with the Dolphins) just isn't the right opportunity."

Although Garrard was in line to be the Jaguars' No. 1 quarterback again this season,  the team surprisingly cut him five days before its season opener and went with Luke McCown instead. McCown was replaced by rookie Blaine Gabbert after only two games.