Browns They Said It: Week Four wrap-up

Browns strike early, sign Kruger

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:23 p.m.

Cleveland Browns: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 1 p.m.

Browns hire Farmer as assistant GM

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:01 a.m.

Chudzinski offers little on Browns' QB situation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 11:22 a.m.

Browns owner back as CEO with family business

Posted Feb. 11, 2013 @ 9:55 p.m.

Report: Eagles peg Davis as defensive coordinator

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 11:40 a.m.

Browns release DE Rucker

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 4:39 p.m.

Browns hire three assistants

Posted Jan. 22, 2013 @ 6:48 p.m.

Browns hire Horton as defensive coordinator

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 4:26 p.m.
Posted Oct. 04, 2011 @ 7:11 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Here's a rundown of notable quotes from head coach Pat Shurmur's press conference the day after Cleveland fell 31-13 to Tennessee:

Shurmur on whether Peyton Hillis fits in a West Coast offense: "I think Peyton Hillis fits extremely well. He played (Sunday), he got the football. I think it's important he touches the ball and he did. We got to the point where we got the ball for the first time in the third quarter and it was 24-6, we're moving the football and it quickly turned to 31-6. Then, the ratio of whether you run it or throw it starts to change significantly, but he was having success running the ball and he did fine."

Shurmur on whether he heard complaints from players about Hillis not playing in Week Three because of illness: "No, I did not."

Shurmur, asked whether he was concerned that ESPN's report that a "handful" of Hillis' teammates believed Hillis' contract situation played a role in him not playing in Week Three vs. Miami:
"When information gets out you obviously like to see names attached to it. I am aware enough to know that there are all kinds of ways information spreads now. I've never sent one Twitter, I don't have Facebook, I'm not aware of really how it all happens. You folks are very good at getting information and it spreads. I've expressed to the team that I would prefer that we keep business in-house and I think sometimes that's hard to do. I can't really control how the team feels about certain situations other than we're constantly talking about being very professional, about doing your job and doing those types of things. Until somebody says so and so said it, it's very hard for me to comment beyond that."

Shurmur on whether Hillis looked ill on game day vs. Miami: "Yes, he looked sick. I'm not trying to talk around it. He was ill and he looked ill."

Shurmur on ORT Tony Pashos' first start of the season in Week Four: “Bear in mind no one performed well enough to win, but for his first time out there I think I saw some good things.”