Updated 8:24 p.m. ET
Here are the injury updates for the late Week Four games:
- As expected, Ravens WR Lee Evans (ankle) is out. Don't rush to start WR Torrey Smith as he may see a lot of Jets CB Darrelle Revis tonight. View Smith as an injury fill-in if you choose to play him.
- As expected Chargers TE Antonio Gates (foot) is inactive. Randy McMichael will replace him, but look for WR Patrick Crayton and Malcom Floyd and watch their distribution of targets to see if either gains any value with Gates out.
- Dolphins RB Daniel Thomas (hamstring) is out, so monitor Reggie Bush and Lex Hilliard to see how Hilliard is used in case Thomas is out next week. Also keep an eye on Steve Slaton to see how many touches he cuts into Bush.
- Broncos WR Eddie Royal (groin) is inactive as expected. Look and compare the performances of No. 1 Brandon Lloyd and Eric Decker, who's broken through this year and posted the better numbers last week. Continued performance by Decker may send Royal back to the slot position when healthy.
Here are the injury updates for the early Week Four games:
- 49ers RB Frank Gore (ankle) will start today. The dilemma is that he has a great matchup but is currently sporting a 2.5 yards per carry average and has not been able to produce. This is his easiest matchup so far this season; play him if you can as a No. 3 fantasy back. Temper expectations, but if healthy enough, he could break through against a soft Eagles run defense.
- IDP Alert: Giants DL Justin Tuck (neck) is inactive. There is quality depth on the waiver wire if you were preparing to play him.
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant (thigh contusion) will start as well as Kevin Ogletree, getting the bump for Laurent Robinson to start. Bryant makes a No. 3 fantasy receiver and keep an eye on Robinson, as he was once viewed as a talented athlete with potential but injuries have sidelined his career. Miles Austin (hamstring) is out for Dallas.
- As expected Bears WR Earl Bennett (torso) is out. Look for Dane Sanzenbacher to assume his slot receiver duties and he makes a flex or injury fill-in in larger leagues. RB Marion Barber is active, so look to see how he's used in conjunction with Matt Forte and short-yardage, goal line carries.
- Texans RB Derrick Ward (ankle) is inactive, as expected. He's lost the No. 2 job and can't get on the field and it's okay to let him go from your roster. Ben Tate will handle backup duties today for Arian Foster and I believe that will be the Texans setup moving forward.
- Saints WR Marques Colston is active today. However, the team is deep at the position and when Lance Moore came back, he was invisible on his return. Will Colston simply get his feet wet? His presence lowers all receeivers across the board and while logic dictates Devery Henderson will be affected the most, history has show it's Robert Meachem. View Colston as a No. 3 fantasy receiver with Meachem and Lance Moore as a No. 2 fantasy wideouts and Henderson as a flex or injury fill-in. Someone won't be happy but they all have the oppurtunity to post numbers.
- Updating previous reports, 49ers RB Frank Gore (ankle) is active but will NOT start as No. 2 Kendall Hunter takes the first-string carries. Look for a running back by committee approach devaluing both players. Look towards both as flex or injury fill-ins this week but they do warrant consideration based on the matchup.