About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Sept. 29, 2011 @ 11:38 a.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Broncos
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Raiders
- Drew Brees, Saints at Jaguars
- Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Dolphins
- Michael Vick, Eagles vs. 49ers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Bengals
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Texans
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Cowboys
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Lions
- Eli Manning, Giants at Cardinals
- Cam Newton, Panthers at Bears
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Seahawks
- Jay Cutler, Bears vs. Panthers
- Matt Schaub, Texans vs. Steelers
- Colt McCoy, Browns vs. Titans
- Jason Campbell, Raiders vs. Patriots
- Sam Bradford, Rams vs. Redskins
- Rex Grossman, Redskins at Rams
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Colts
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals vs. Giants
- Andy Dalton, Bengals vs. Bills
- Kyle Orton, Broncos at Packers
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Ravens
- Chad Henne, Dolphins at Chargers
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans at Browns
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Jets
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs vs. Vikings
- Donovan McNabb, Vikings at Chiefs
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars vs. Saints
- Tarvaris Jackson, Seahawks vs. Falcons
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Eagles
- Curtis Painter, Colts at Buccaneers
- Kerry Collins, Colts at Buccaneers — INJ
Not listed: Peyton Manning, Colts
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.