Updated 2:43 p.m. ET Sunday, Sept. 25
Here are the injury updates for the late Week Three games:
- In a surprise, Cardinals RB Beanie Wells (hamstring) is inactive. Look for Chester Taylor to get the start, but he’s merely a flex or injury fill-in at this point. Chemistry, playbook, age and diminishing skills make him a risky play. The Seahawks' “D” is allowing less than 89 yards per game to the position. His best bet is a cheap touchdown this week. Alfonso Smith will be Taylor's backup.
- Rams RB Steven Jackson (quadriceps) is active today, and so is Cadillac Williams (hamstring). Jackson faces the Ravens' defense, so view him as a No. 3 fantasy back, and I expect Williams to have a minimal role outside of spelling Jackson. The matchup is a tough one for Jackson, so don’t be surprised with minimal fantasy production today.
- As expected, Ravens WR Lee Evans (ankle) is inactive today. Tandon Doss is active along with Torrey Smith but look for QB Joe Flacco to focus on Anquan Boldin, the tight ends and backs with a sprinkling to the two youngsters.
- As expected Raiders WR Jacoby Ford is out, look for Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey to start and with Chaz Schillens to see time.
- Bears RB Marion Barber (calf) is inactive for a third consecutive week. He’s merely a handcuff to starter Matt Forté, but Barber is closer to getting on the field just not this week. Look for Kahlil Bell to spell Forté.
Here are the injury updates for the early Week Three games:
- Texans RB Arian Foster (hamstring) will not play today, allowing Ben Tate owners to take full advantage of him, knowing he'll start. Look for Steve Slaton to see time as well with RB Derrick Ward (ankle) out.
- Never in doubt, Eagles QB Michael Vick (concussion) will play today and, despite a tough matchup, he should be in your lineup. He's a top-ten fantasy quarterback this week.
- Browns RB Peyton Hillis (strep throat) has left the stadium and will not play today. Look for Montario Hardesty to start, but Hardesty has struggled since trying to come back from an ACL tear. I view him along the same lines of Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch, just not good enough to be anything more than a flex or injury fill-in.
- Bengals WR Jerome Simpson will play today, despite being excused from practice on Thursday and Friday, and he is a target of QB Andy Dalton. He makes a solid No. 3 fantasy receiver this week, as he is facing a porous 49ers secondary.
- Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) is active today but look for Willis McGahee to see most of the carries at the start and for head coach John Fox to go with the hot hand. McGahee drops to a No. 3 fantasy back but Moreno should stay on your bench as he was only able to practice on a limited basis this week.
- Broncos WR Brandon Lloyd (groin) is active today and that will help to take pressure off WR Eric Decker, bumping his value slightly this morning to make him a flex or injury fill-in because of the tough defensive match up.