About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Sept. 25, 2011 @ 12:23 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Bills
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Texans
- Michael Vick, Eagles vs. Giants — INJ, UP (ACTIVE, he'll start)
- Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Chiefs
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers at Bears
- Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Jaguars
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Vikings
- Matt Schaub, Texans at Saints
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Colts
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills vs. Patriots
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Redskins — INJ, UP
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Buccaneers
- Colt McCoy, Browns vs. Dolphins
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Falcons
- Sam Bradford, Rams vs. Ravens
- Joe Flacco, Ravens at Rams
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals at Seahawks
- Kyle Orton, Broncos at Titans
- Eli Manning, Giants at Eagles
- Jay Cutler, Bears vs. Packers
- Rex Grossman, Redskins at Cowboys
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans vs. Broncos
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Raiders
- Andy Dalton, Bengals vs. 49ers
- Chad Henne, Dolphins at Browns
- Donovan McNabb, Vikings vs. Lions
- Tavaris Jackson, Seahawks vs. Cardinals
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars at Panthers
- Jason Campbell, Raiders vs. Jets
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Bengals
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs at Chargers
- Kerry Collins, Colts vs. Steelers
Not listed: Peyton Manning, Colts
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.