About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Sept. 18, 2011 @ 12:42 p.m. ET
Here are the Week Two fantasy rankings for running backs:
- Ray Rice, Ravens at Titans
- Adrian Peterson, Vikings vs. Buccaneers
- Michael Turner, Falcons vs. Eagles
- Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers vs. Seahawks
- Darren McFadden, Raiders at Bills
- Jamaal Charles, Chiefs at Lions
- Peyton Hillis, Browns at Colts
- LeSean McCoy, Eagles at Falcons
- Jahvid Best, Lions vs. Chiefs
- Cedric Benson, Bengals at Broncos
- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars at Jets
- Matt Forté, Bears at Saints
- Frank Gore, 49ers vs. Cowboys
- Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants vs. Rams
- Felix Jones, Cowboys at 49ers
- Chris Johnson, Titans vs. Ravens
- Fred Jackson, Bills vs. Raiders
- Cadillac Williams, Rams at Giants
- Shonn Greene, Jets vs. Jaguars
- Tim Hightower, Redskins vs. Cardinals
- LeGarrette Blount, Buccaneers at Vikings
- Willis McGahee, Broncos vs. Bengals
- Beanie Wells, Cardinals at Redskins
- Reggie Bush, Dolphins vs. Texans — DOWN
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Patriots vs. Chargers
- Mark Ingram, Saints vs. Bears
- Mike Tolbert, Chargers at Patriots — UP
- Ryan Mathews, Chargers at Patriots
- Arian Foster, Texans at Dolphins — INJ
- DeAngelo Williams, Panthers vs. Packers
- Brandon Jacobs, Giants vs. Rams
- Joseph Addai, Colts vs. Browns
- Darren Sproles, Saints vs. Bears
- James Starks, Packers at Panthers
- Danny Woodhead, Patriots vs. Chargers
- Ben Tate, Texans at Dolphins
- Ryan Grant, Packers at Panthers
- Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks at Steelers
- LaDainian Tomlinson, Jets vs. Jaguars
- Jonathan Stewart, Panthers vs. Packers
- Pierre Thomas, Saints vs. Bears
- Michael Bush, Raiders at Bills
- Daniel Thomas, Dolphins vs. Texans — UP
- Jerious Norwood, Rams at Giants
- Delone Carter, Colts vs. Browns
- Jerome Harrison, Lions vs. Chiefs
- Ricky Williams, Ravens at Titans
- Chester Taylor, Cardinals at Redskins — UP
- Thomas Jones, Chiefs at Lions
- C.J. Spiller, Bills vs. Raiders
- Montario Hardesty, Browns at Colts
- Isaac Redman, Steelers vs. Seahawks
- Ronnie Brown, Eagles at Falcons
- Kendall Hunter, 49ers vs. Cowboys
- Earnest Graham, Buccaneers at Vikings
- Jason Snelling, Falcons vs. Eagles
- Deji Karim, Jaguars at Jets
- Bernard Scott, Bengals at Broncos
- Marcel Reece, Raiders at Bills
- Justin Forsett, Seahawks at Steelers
- Jacquizz Rodgers, Falcons vs. Eagles
- Javon Ringer, Titans vs. Ravens — UP
- Jamie Harper, Titans vs. Ravens
- Steven Jackson, Rams at Giants — INJ
- Knowshon Moreno, Broncos vs. Bengals — INJ
- Marion Barber, Bears at Saints — INJ (INACTIVE)
- LaRod Stephens-Howling, Cardinals at Redskins — INJ, DOWN
Not listed: Derrick Ward, Texans
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.