Live Week Two fantasy updates
Posted By William Del Pilar
Updated 3:48 p.m. ET
Here are the injury updates for today's late action:
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant (quadriceps) is inactive so look for Kevin Olgetree to start. QB Tony Romo will lean on WR Miles Austin and TE Jason Witten. Olgetree only has value as an injury fill-in if that.
- 49ers WR Michael Crabtree (foot) is inactive this week which is not surprising. He was not effective last week when active and has yet to work with QB Alex Smith to develop chemistry. He has no fantasy value.
- Broncos RB Knowshown Moreno (hamstring) is inactive and Willis McGahee will get the start. I'm not a big fan of McGahee as he's old and slow, but he's starting. He makes a No. 3 or flex play this week.
- Broncos WR Brandon Lloyd (groin) is inactive after not practicing most of the week and running routes only during the early portion of practice. Look for Eric Decker to start and keep an eye on him. One of my sleepers after a solid Week One he could showcase himself.
- Chargers WR Patrick Crayton has yet to play this season despite practicing this week. Bryan Walters will replace him in the line up. He has no fantasy value.
- Texans RB Arian Foster (hamstring) is active today and that rules out a heavy role for backup Ben Tate. In larger leagues Tate may have some value as a No. 3 or as an injury fill-in. Derrick Ward (ankle) was ruled out earlier this week.
Here are the injury updates for today's early action:
- Saints WR Lance Moore (groin) is active and with such a deep receiving corps, if he's ready to play, he should be healthy enough to start in your lineup. His starting status lowers the value of Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson. However, both players are still viable fantasy options as No. 3 receivers and flex option slots. Moore also makes a No. 3 as we don't know how rusty he'll be.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson (ankle) will play today as expected. As the team's top target he has a great match up this week against the hapless Chiefs. He's a No. 1 fantasy receiver this week.
- Packers RB Alex Green (Achilles) is inactive in Week Two. He has no fantasy value and is buried on the depth chart for now.
- Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis (calf) is inactive today. Look for Zach Miller to get the start. Miller has no value as a starting fantasy tight end but keep an eye on his play. He has talent but hasn't been able to stay healthy.
- Bears WR Roy Williams (groin) is inactive which is great news for owners of Johnny Knox. Get Knox in your line up as he becomes the starter and arguably primary wideout. Knox has a great match up this week against the Saints. He's a No. 3 fantasy receiver.
- Bears RB Marion Barber (calf) as expected is inactive. Look for Matt Forte to carry the load with Kahlil Bell spelling him. Forte is a No. 1 fantasy back and Bell doesn't belong in any lineups.
- Bills WR Stevie Johnson (groin), as expected, is active. He makes a No. 2 fantasy receiver this week and is QB Ryan Fitzpatrick's top target.
- Seahawks WR Sidney Rice (shoulder) as expected is inactive this week. Ben Obomanu will start alongside Mike Williams. No one on the Seahawks carries much if any value this week.
- Raiders WRs Darrius Heyward-Bey (knee) and Jacoby Ford (hamstring) are inactive in Week Two. Look for Denarius Moore and Chaz Shilens to start. Raiders TE Kevin Boss (knee) was expected to play this week but also is inactive. His fantasy value was minimal if any.