Posted Aug. 27, 2011 @ 2:15 a.m. ET
Updated Aug. 27, 2011 @ 8:22 p.m. ET
Buccaneers starting LCB Aqib Talib will not be suspended for any games this season, team GM Mark Dominik said Saturday, according to the team's official Twitter account.
Talib met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earlier in the week to discuss the Buccaneer's alleged involvement in an offseason shooting. Sources had told Yahoo! Sports that Talib would be suspended for the first four games of the season.
Talib faces a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon as a result of a March incident in Garland, Texas, in which he and his mother are alleged to have shot at a man, who escaped injury.
Talib was suspended without pay for the 2010 season opener for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.
The way we see it
This is great news for the Bucs. Nickel back E.J. Biggers would have been a decent replacement for Talib, opposite RCB Ronde Barber, but it's unlikely that Biggers would have produced the number of big plays that Talib is capable of. Talib has 15 interceptions in his first three seasons.