Former players say Eller lawsuit misrepresented them

Colts add OT Cherilus, CB Toler

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:31 p.m.

Broncos sign former Chargers OG Vasquez

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:20 p.m.

Chiefs add CB Robinson

Posted March 09, 2013 @ 8:58 a.m.

No tag for Cook ups ante for Titans as FA approaches

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Lions re-sign OT Hilliard

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 12:05 p.m.

Cowboys re-sign LS LaDouceur

Posted Feb. 28, 2013 @ 12:41 p.m.

Jaguars release OT Whimper, DB King, QB Wilson

Posted Feb. 27, 2013 @ 3:34 p.m.

Bills' 'D' in need of playmaking linebacker

Posted Feb. 26, 2013 @ 7:08 p.m.
Posted July 27, 2011 @ 4:36 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Multiple Pro Football Hall of Famers have said they were unfairly represented in the lawsuit Carl Eller filed against the league and NFLPA during the lockout.

According to Pro Players Insiders, retired players were sent a letter asking if they supported a group of Hall of Famers in their support of the Eller lawsuit, with the signatures of all those enshrined in Canton on the bottom. Problem is, there were several signatures by players who had not pledged their support to the cause.

"First of all, I was surprised that they came out and listed names-my name in particular-without me having given permission to even use it," former-Ram Jack Youngblood, Hall of Fame Class of 2001, said. "I had no idea what this lawsuit was all about in the first place. When I saw my name on this letter that I had not requested to be a part of, it was a shock to me."

"I do not want my name associated with the potential lawsuit against the NFL and NFL Players Association," added Fred Dean, Class of 2008. "I wasn't aware of what was being done."

The former greats are seeking to publically retract themselves from the lawsuit, stating they have no interest with the matter.

"I was told, 'We need your signature so we can have representation at the table.' That's why I signed the (petition). I didn't know anything about the lawsuit," said Kenny Houston, who was inducted in 1986.

"The lawsuit would have been if we didn't have representation at the table. And so my understanding was, I thought Carl (Eller) was in the room or something. This was something that I didn't know anything about. And then we signed a letter-at least that's what I thought the letter would be," Houston added.