Collins open to return to Tennessee

Titans agree to terms with DE Pitoitua

Posted March 25, 2013 @ 2:46 p.m.

Titans make twin killing; sign OG Levitre, TE Walker

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:39 p.m.

Titans OLG Hutchinson retires after 12 NFL seasons

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:17 p.m.

Tennessee Titans: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 9:49 p.m.

No tag for Cook ups ante for Titans as FA approaches

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Titans sign SS Wilson

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 5:04 p.m.

Titans add Steve Hoffman to coaching staff

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:32 p.m.

Williams apologizes for Saints' bounty scandal

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 4:57 p.m.

Williams gets reinstated, joins Titans' staff

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 12:07 p.m.
Posted June 11, 2011 @ 5:55 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Veteran QB Kerry Collins isn't done yet.

Collins told PFW correspondent and Tennessean writer Jim Wyatt, "I know I still have good football left in me, and I want to see where (the Titans are) at, too.

"If it makes sense on both sides to do it, I'd be good for coming back."

The 38-year-old has been working out and feels healthy. Collins threw 14 TD passes in 10 games in 2010.

If the Titans do re-sign Collins, he will be competing with the team's QB of the future. The Titans drafted QB Jake Locker eighth overall in April's draft. Locker has been at the Titans' player-organized workouts.

"I went through it with Vince (Young)," Collins said. "I would be open to it, but it would have to be the right thing. I would like to get to know Jake a little bit to make sure he'd be the type guy I'd want to help out. That won't be the sole issue either. It is not about what kind of guy Jake is. I just have to weigh a lot of things."

Collins said it is "legitimate speculation" to think that the longer the current lockout lasts, the more likely the vet stays in Tennessee, where he has been since 2006.

The way we see it

Locker is the Titans' QB of the future, but with the lockout delaying his chances to learn the offense and get acclimated to the NFL, it's likely someone else is starting behind center when the season begins in Tennessee. Collins could be that veteran to help mentor Locker while opening the season as the team's starting QB. There are other veteran QBs on the market as well, including Matt Hasselbeck, whom reports have connected to the Titans.