Ochocinco's bull riding debut lasts 1.5 seconds

Recent posts by Mike Wilkening

Underdogs have made some noise in title round

Posted Jan. 14, 2013 @ 2:36 p.m.

What's next for Browns' offense?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 9:59 p.m.

Running back a need for Lions

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 9:52 p.m.

Divisional round handicapping column

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 4:05 p.m.

Browns strike early, sign Kruger

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:23 p.m.

Cincinnati Bengals: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 12:50 p.m.

Bengals DE Johnson receives franchise tag

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 1:52 p.m.

Bengals name Hue Jackson RB coach

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

LB Brandon Joiner joins Bengals after prison term

Posted Feb. 04, 2013 @ 7:09 p.m.

Bengals sign OLB Maybin

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 1:04 p.m.

Turner should benefit Browns RB Richardson

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 11:54 a.m.

Running back a need for Lions

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 9:52 p.m.

Key matchup: Ravens WRs vs. Broncos pass defense

Posted Jan. 10, 2013 @ 2:32 p.m.
Posted May 15, 2011 @ 3:30 a.m. ET
By Mike Wilkening

DULUTH, Ga. — If you blinked, you may have missed Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco's bull riding debut — and apparent swan song — on Saturday night.

Ochocinco rode a bull named Deja Blu for 1.50 seconds before being bucked off in an exhibition before the finals of a Professional Bull Riders event at the Gwinnett Arena. He was on the ground briefly — and looked close to being stepped on, as a video replay later showed — but he was able to get up quickly and eventually leap to safety, and he appeared none worse for wear save for some dirt on his right shoulder, though he did request a chair at his press conference, citing some soreness.

"I feel good. I feel cool. That was fun. That's something to cross off the bucket list," said Ochocinco, who received $10,000 for riding the bull. (He indicated he would likely donate the money to Feed The Children, a non-profit Christian charitable organization.)

Ochocinco, 33, wished he could have stayed on the bull longer in a sport where an eight-second ride is a respected accomplishment.

"That's embarrassing," he said of his short stay on the bull.

Ochocinco, who received coaching from nine-time world-champion bull rider Ty Murray, doesn't believe he was taking any undue risk riding a bull.

"Every down is a risk to my career," he said. "Every time I wake up in the morning is a risk to life in general. You never know what's going to happen. I don't live like that."

Ochocinco, who is entering the final year of his contract with the Bengals, said he did not have contact with the club when the lockout was briefly lifted before the draft, but he had a feeling about what the organization and league thought of him bull riding.

"I'm sure my coach is probably pissed," he said. "I would be, too. I'm sure the NFL is pissed, but I don't follow their rules anyway."

Asked if he would consider riding again, Ochocinco's answer was matter-of-fact:

"No."