Pro Football weekly

Comment | Print |

Dolphins WR Marshall stabbed; wife arrested

Related Stories

Dolphins snag former Ravens LB Ellerbe

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:59 p.m.

Dolphins land WR Wallace

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:13 p.m.

Miami Dolphins: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 5:40 p.m.

QB Moore re-signs with Dolphins

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 10:58 a.m.

Dolphins re-sign WR Hartline to five-year deal

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 12:08 a.m.

Dolphins place franchise tag on DT Starks

Posted March 04, 2013 @ 12:23 p.m.

AP source: Dolphins OK referendum on stadium

Posted Feb. 10, 2013 @ 2:08 p.m.

Raiders hire Sparano

Posted Jan. 23, 2013 @ 6:04 p.m.
Posted April 23, 2011 @ 3:15 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Updated 3:15 p.m. ET Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall was rushed to the intensive care unit of a South Florida hospital early Saturday morning after being stabbed with a knife. According to the police report, Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, admitted to stabbing her husband out of self defense.

Marshall's publicist, Denise White, said on her Twitter at 2:20 p.m. ET that Marshall had been released from the hospital and is "expected to make a full recovery."

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported, Marshall was "not in imminent danger" of dying. The incident allegedly was a result of a domestic dispute.

The police report stated that Marshall "provided sworn testimony advising that he slipped and fell onto a broken glass vase." But the area where the vase broke indicated no blood, and Nogami-Marshall "was read Miranda on scene wherein post Miranda she stated she stabbed the victim out of self defense."

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that Nogami-Marshall was arrested Friday by the Broward Sheriff's Office on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. She was released after posting $7,500 bond.

"This is a very difficult time for Brandon and his family, thankfully he will make a full recovery. We simply ask during this time we respect his privacy," said Kennard McGuire, Marshall's agent, in a statement.

The Dolphins released the following statement: "We are aware of the report and our thoughts are with Brandon at this time. We will look into the matter but because we are not allowed to have any contact with any of our players, we will refrain from making any further coment."

Because of the current NFL lockout, the Dolphins' team doctor can see Marshall, and the team's trainer and doctor can consult with his doctors. The team can also "send wishes or other types of appropriate expressions of support," according to NFL Network's Albert Breer.

About 9:20 a.m. ET, Mike Sims-Walker, a former college teammate of Marshall's at UCF and a close friend of the Dolphins' wideout, tweeted that Marshall was going to be "ok and is in good spirits."

The 27-year-old wide receiver was traded to the Dolphins in April 2010 after four seasons playing with the Broncos, where he was selected to the Pro Bowl twice.

The incident is not the first off-field news Marshall has made since coming into the NFL. He has been arrested three times since being selected in the fourth round of the '06 draft, was suspended for part of the '09 preseason with Denver for conduct detrimental to the team. He was involved in the fight that led to the shooting death of former Broncos teammate, Darrent Williams, in 2006.

Comments ()