Prince Amukamara's draft diary, Part Eight

Recent posts by Kevin Fishbain

Dolphins snag former Ravens LB Ellerbe

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:59 p.m.

Broncos sign former Chargers OG Vasquez

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:20 p.m.

Dolphins land WR Wallace

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:13 p.m.

Bills release QB Fitzpatrick

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 4:48 p.m.

Eagles release CB Asomugha

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 3:58 p.m.

Utah NT Lotulelei has heart condition

Posted Feb. 25, 2013 @ 10:39 a.m.

Manti Te'o ready to move on, focus on football

Posted Feb. 23, 2013 @ 3:27 p.m.

Lacy looks to continue Alabama RB tradition

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

2013 round-by-round draft order

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 2:42 p.m.

Reports: USC QB Barkley will not throw at Combine

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 11:08 a.m.

Terrance Williams continues Baylor pipeline of WRs

Posted Feb. 13, 2013 @ 1:16 p.m.

NFL Combine invite list

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 5:45 p.m.

Insider on Ansah: 'He's a one-year wonder'

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 12:46 p.m.
Posted April 15, 2011 @ 3:56 p.m. ET
By Kevin Fishbain

Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara is talking to PFW's Kevin Fishbain for a weekly diary leading up to the draft. In this week's entry, Prince talks about his Twitter account and the swagger he learns from other cornerbacks.

On his Twitter account (@PrinceAmukamara), how he got it started and what he likes to tweet:
Blake Lawrence used to play on the football team (at Nebraska) and he has his own social media company called "Hurrdat." He got me into it and said it'd be good to have that interaction with the fans and explained how important social media is. I use it so people can get to know me better and know what I'm like. I tweet whatever comes to my mind. I start everyday with a daily devotional — I'll read something, and if something's on my mind that people following me need to know, then I'll tweet about it.

On the experience of transitioning from running back to cornerback in college:
Looking back at it now, I think of it as adversity that I had to overcome. I thought I was going to play running back or wide receiver, or any offensive position. Obviously it didn't work out. When Coach (Bo) Pelini came in, I tried to get in his ear about it and tried to switch. But, with Coach Pelini's experience and from talking to my chaplain, it made me want to just stay at corner. I started to have success with it in the spring season and that definitely assured me.

Does he miss carrying the ball?
Not at all. I see what my teammate Roy Helu goes through week in and week out and I'm glad I'm on the other side of that.

On being on the NFL Network's "Game Changers":
It was a great experience, especially working with a Big 12 corner, (Aaron) Williams from Texas. Learning from Charles Davis and Coach (Steve) Mariucci — it was a very loose segment. We were able to be ourselves and learn from those guys. Overall it was just a good experience.

What he's learned from other cornerbacks in his class:
Just the swag that a corner has, I see that a lot in Aaron Williams and Brandon Burton from Utah. Just how they carry themselves. Every corner has to have that swag. I've been slowly developing it throughout college and seeing it in Aaron and Brandon, it helps me take my game to a whole other level.

On when he finds time to work out amidst all his visits:
Whenever I get back to Lincoln, in the early morning. I can still use Nebraska's facility. That's why I'm still living there, because I have that privilege to go back there and have that resource. Anytime I get back to Lincoln, I just wake up early in the morning, get my training out of the way and go hard every time.