Sterger says she "never met" Favre

Jets sign QB Garrard

Posted March 11, 2013 @ 7:57 p.m.

New York Jets: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 6:25 p.m.

Jets' Idzik, Ryan address Revis rumors

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 5:56 p.m.

LBs Scott, Pace among Jets' cuts

Posted Feb. 19, 2013 @ 2:54 p.m.

Jets announce coaching changes

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 2:44 p.m.

Bengals sign OLB Maybin

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 1:04 p.m.

Idzik introduced as Jets' new GM

Posted Jan. 24, 2013 @ 3:11 p.m.

Raiders hire Sparano

Posted Jan. 23, 2013 @ 6:04 p.m.
Posted April 12, 2011 @ 10:34 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

Former Jets employee Jenn Sterger told George Stephanopoulos of ABC's "Good Morning America" this week that she has "never met" Brett Favre.

Allegations that Favre sent Sterger explicit text messages and photos when both worked for the Jets in 2008 gained national attention last fall. Sterger told Stephanopoulos that the closest the two ever got to each other was when they would pass each other in the tunnels of Giants Stadium.

"I've never met him. We've never met," said Sterger, who worked as a team sideline reporter during the '08 season, in the interview with Stephanopoulos. "There's never been an introduction."

Sterger also said she hasn't "made a dime off anything in this whole situation," according to abcnews.com.

"Not from the pictures. Not from Favre. I never wanted to sue anyone," Sterger said, according to abcnews.com. "That was never an intention of mine. I'm not a gold-digger. The only way I wanted to make my money this whole time was to just have a job."

The NFL investigated the inappropriate messages and eventually fined Favre $50,000 for failing to cooperate with the league's process. A league spokesperson said Commissioner Roger Goodell couldn't conclude Favre violated the league's personal conduct policy based on the evidence available.

Sterger said in the TV interview that there is no doubt Favre was the Jets player sending her the texts.

"It was all context clues ... They would always give me the pieces of the puzzle. Forty years old. Gray hair. New to the team," she said, according to abcnews.com. "That only fits a few guys on the team ... No, only one guy on the team," she told ABC. "I always noticed that he was looking at me in the tunnel. I just had that gut feeling. I really did."