Prince Amukamara's draft diary, Part Seven

Recent posts by Kevin Fishbain

Dolphins snag former Ravens LB Ellerbe

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:59 p.m.

Broncos sign former Chargers OG Vasquez

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:20 p.m.

Dolphins land WR Wallace

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:13 p.m.

Bills release QB Fitzpatrick

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 4:48 p.m.

Eagles release CB Asomugha

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 3:58 p.m.

Detroit Lions: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:22 p.m.

Lions re-sign LB Levy

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 12:59 p.m.

Lions re-sign OT Hilliard

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 12:05 p.m.

Utah NT Lotulelei has heart condition

Posted Feb. 25, 2013 @ 10:39 a.m.

Manti Te'o ready to move on, focus on football

Posted Feb. 23, 2013 @ 3:27 p.m.

Lacy looks to continue Alabama RB tradition

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

2013 round-by-round draft order

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 2:42 p.m.

Reports: USC QB Barkley will not throw at Combine

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 11:08 a.m.
Posted April 06, 2011 @ 6:36 p.m. ET
By Kevin Fishbain

Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara talked to Pro Football Weekly's Kevin Fishbain as part of his weekly diary leading up to the NFL draft. In this week's entry, Prince compared meeting with NFL teams to college recruiting.

On advice he has received from former teammate and current Lions DT Ndamukong Suh:

He basically just told me simple stuff. He told me to just carry myself like a professional and embrace this whole process because it only happens once. He just talks to me about the process in general. He can't really sell me to the Lions because it's their decision to pick me.

How meeting with NFL teams is similar to/different from college recruiting:

They still wine you and dine you, put you up in a nice, five-star hotel. They definitely take care of you. Even though it's still a business, they want to get a feel of you and what kind of person you are to see if you're the perfect fit for the team, other than you trying to see if they're the perfect fit for you. Other than that, it's pretty similar to college recruiting.

On if there is a specific receiver in the NFL he's looking forward to covering:

I'm just excited to guard the greatest. Everyone's good, it's the NFL. Whoever is good at the time, I hope to be that guy where my team puts me on (their) guy.

On his comfort having to play the nickel in the NFL, if needed:

I have that on film. As a sophomore, that's the position that I mainly played. I feel that I'm very versatile and I can play nickel, dime, safety or corner. (My versatility is) one of my strengths.

On the type of support he has been getting from family and friends during the process:

They have been doing the same thing they've been doing since Day One. Just having my back, encouraging me and praying for me. There's not much more you can ask for.