Prince Amukamara's draft diary, Part Five

PFW correspondents' mock draft

Posted April 23, 2012 @ 3:46 p.m.

Stanford's Luck wins Johnny Unitas award

Posted Dec. 05, 2011 @ 7:07 p.m.

Luck, Griffin, Richardson lead Heisman finalists

Posted Dec. 05, 2011 @ 7:01 p.m.

Pro Football Weekly's new draft database is live

Posted Nov. 17, 2011 @ 3:54 p.m.

AP Source: S.C. QB Garcia dismissed for failed test

Posted Oct. 12, 2011 @ 2:09 p.m.

Luck already the consensus top pick for 2012 draft

Posted Sept. 28, 2011 @ 1:41 p.m.

Readers: Browns had best draft among AFC teams

Posted May 09, 2011 @ 2:31 p.m.

Agents: Teams have tampered with undrafted players

Posted May 06, 2011 @ 1:25 p.m.

Patriots, Browns land AFC's highest draft grades

Posted May 02, 2011 @ 7:13 p.m.

Rams, Giants excel with value-driven philosophies

Posted May 01, 2011 @ 7:46 p.m.
Posted March 22, 2011 @ 2:04 p.m. ET

Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara talked to Pro Football Weekly's Kevin Fishbain as part of his weekly diary leading up to the NFL draft. In his latest entry, Prince talked about being in the audience of American Idol and visiting the Lions.

On going to Los Angeles and working with ESPN Sports Science:

They tested my acceleration, how fast do I open up and how fast do I go from 0 to 60 when I turn out of my backpedal. They tested my range and how far I can lay out and get the ball.

On being in the audience of American Idol:

It was a very cool experience just watching another group of kids chasing their dreams and seeing them be good at what they do. It's always good to be on the other side of that spectrum — it helps keep me humble.

On meeting the judges, including Jennifer Lopez:

It was cool to see J-Lo, Randy and the legend, Steve Tyler, in person. I didn't go up to (J-Lo), but I was two or three feet away. She was with her husband, Mark Anthony, and Pitbull. I'm bold and blunt, but I'm not that bold and blunt to go up to her.

On his visit with the Lions:

Hanging out with the Lions, of course they talked to me about (Ndamukong) Suh. It was my first visit and it was a very good visit. I liked the facilities and I met the GM, the head coach and the position coach. All the questions were good, I thought it went well.

On whether or not to attend the NFL draft:

Some people say do it, some say don't and support the NFLPA. All I know is that this has been a dream of mine and my family's since I've been young. It means a lot — it's like walking at graduation. It's a very cool experience to be a part of. I haven't made a decision yet on if I'm going.