Following are whispers we've been hearing from around the AFC:
• With a contract set to expire after the 2011 season, we hear that All-Pro WR Reggie Wayne could be playing his final season in a Colts uniform. Wayne, 32, is coming off a terrific '10 campaign, but he has been adamant about wanting a long-term deal — not something the Colts generally do with players in their 30's. Don't rule out the possibility of the Colts drafting a wide receiver in April, with Wayne serving as a mentor next season.
• Many believe football teams should be built inside-out, starting in the trenches. The Dolphins are treating this offseason that way. After giving NT Paul Soliai the franchise tag, worth over $12 million, they re-signed OL Richie Incognito to a three-year deal. The veteran was Miami's most consistent interior offensive lineman in 2010 and kept his temper in check. We hear that Incognito could be the team's center in 2011, with another guard coming from the draft. Aside from RBs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, who are expected to play elsewhere, locking up Soliai and Incognito meant that Miami took care of their top free-agent priorities.
• The way we hear it, WR Austin Collie's recovery from multiple concussions last season is coming along well, but it is impossible to predict what his football future looks like until he gets out on the practice field and actually absorbs the first big hit.
• The Browns did not tender OLB Jason Trusnik as a restricted free agent, agent Bardia Ghahremani told PFW this week. Trusnik, who is entering his fifth NFL season, started five games at outside linebacker in the Browns' 3-4 scheme in 2010 and made starts inside and outside in the 3-4 in '09. The Browns are transitioning to a 4-3 defense in 2011.
• The Texans gave ORG Mike Brisiel a second-round restricted free-agent tender, agent Jeffrey Sperbeck told PFW this week. (The Houston Chronicle first reported Brisiel receiving a second-round RFA tender on March 2.) Brisiel played in 12 games last season, starting nine. He missed the final three games of the 2010 campaign with a knee injury, He has made 34 starts in five seasons.