Kraft still optimistic about football in 2011

New England Patriots: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 5:58 p.m.

With Brady deal, Pats again a step ahead

Posted Feb. 26, 2013 @ 11:38 a.m.

Patriots sign Brady to extension through 2017

Posted Feb. 26, 2013 @ 10:42 a.m.

Report: Patriots OT Vollmer has knee scope

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 10:09 a.m.

Patriots sign former CFL DL Vega

Posted Feb. 19, 2013 @ 11:07 a.m.

Redskins sign DT Brace

Posted Feb. 14, 2013 @ 10:54 a.m.

Insider: Time is catching up to Brady

Posted Jan. 27, 2013 @ 11:46 a.m.

NFL: Brady fined $10K for 'aggressive slide'

Posted Jan. 23, 2013 @ 9:30 p.m.

NFL looking into Brady's slide vs. Ravens

Posted Jan. 22, 2013 @ 6:05 p.m.
Posted March 12, 2011 @ 4:29 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

The following is a statement form Patriots owner Robert Kraft:

"Going into these union negotiations, I was very optimistic that an agreement could be reached before the end of December if both sides were committed to the negotiations. The same was true as we approached the end of the NFL calendar year. We are fortunate to be operating in an industry that is thriving and I know that there was a deal to be done that was a win-win for both sides. I know that Commissioner Goodell and his staff invested a tremendous amount of time and resources to negotiate an agreement that would benefit both parties and allow the league to continue to build for the future without interruption. I remained in constant contact with Roger and the members of the CEC this week and fully supported the proposal we made to the players' union on Friday. I think the actions of the union to end the mediation process and walk away from Friday's offer clearly showed their true intentions to take this process to litigation all along. While disappointed by their action to decertify, I remain confident that an agreement will be reached and that the 2011 season will be played. I know that the owners are committed to this process, but that the quickest way to do so is through continued negotiation, not litigation. For the sake of all involved, the owners, the players and most importantly, the fans, I hope we return to the negotiating table very soon."

Kraft, a member of the league's labor committee, was in Israel on a trade mission last week but still communicated with owners during negotiations.