Titans name Rocker as DL coach

Titans agree to terms with DE Pitoitua

Posted March 25, 2013 @ 2:46 p.m.

Titans make twin killing; sign OG Levitre, TE Walker

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:39 p.m.

Titans OLG Hutchinson retires after 12 NFL seasons

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:17 p.m.

Eagles release CB Asomugha

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 3:58 p.m.

Tennessee Titans: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 9:49 p.m.

Philadelphia Eagles: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 6:38 p.m.

Former NFL WR Mitchell pleads guilty in tax scheme

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 6:35 p.m.

No tag for Cook ups ante for Titans as FA approaches

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Eagles release DT Jenkins

Posted Feb. 25, 2013 @ 2:09 p.m.

Titans sign SS Wilson

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 5:04 p.m.
Posted Feb. 16, 2011 @ 2:18 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

The Titans named Tracy Rocker the team's defensive line coach on Wednesday, replacing Jim Washburn.

Rocker spent the past two seasons as Auburn's defensive line coach, helping develop DT Nick Fairley, who is expected to be a top draft pick.

"I really like the way Tracy has worked his way up the coaching ladder after being such a successful player," Titans head coach Mike Munchak said. "He has shown the ability to develop players at all of his stops, which is a testament to him being a great teacher."

This will be Rocker's first coaching stint in the NFL after 17 seasons in the coaching ranks. Washburn, a longtime Tennessee assistant, left the Titans in January to join the Eagles' staff.

Rocker, who was a two-time All-American at Auburn and a third-round draft pick of the Redskins in 1989, played two NFL seasons before suffering a career-ending knee injury.

"This is something that I dreamed about, reaching the top of the line in the football world," Rocker said. "Growing up you dream about playing in the NFL and once I made the transition to the coaching world, this was the ultimate goal. Now it is up to me to prove myself at this level. I realize I have big shoes to fill and have a lot of respect for Coach Washburn and what he got from his players. There is nothing that says you can't follow up a great coach with another great coach and that is what I will work to achieve."

The way we see it

This certainly does nothing to discourage the thought that the Titans could be a perfect fit for Fairley, as the team has lacked the kind of penetrating defensive tackle that is a key to its defensive success since the departure of Albert Haynesworth in free agency.