The following is the fourth in a series of scouting reports for draft prospects who are participating in this year's Senior Bowl. These reports from PFW draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki will be running all week leading up to Saturday evening's game in Mobile, Ala.
DT-DE-OLB Cameron Jordan
University of California
Height: 6-4 1/8 Weight: 287 Speed: 4.75e
Arm: 34 1/2 Hand: 11 1/4 Age: 22
- Very quick-handed and agile for his size
- Good body control and athletic ability
- Well-trained hand technician — knows how to work edges
- Has vines for arms
- Versatile — can play inside or out
- Has NFL bloodlines
- Tends to play tall — inconsistent pad level
- Not very stout or powerful — can improve base and anchor strength
- Not a sudden, explosive mover
- Can be locked up in tight — inconsistent shedding blocks
The way we see it
Best when he is slanting, stunting and playing in gaps, Jordan has exceptional length and could be very disruptive inside in a "40" front, yet possesses experience playing in Cal's 3-4 defense. Is athletic enough to even consider trimming down and standing up as an outside linebacker, and his versatility should drive up his value.
Follow our weeklong coverage of the Senior Bowl, with daily reports on practices, analysis, features and columns from our reporters in Mobile, Ala., along with videos, and concluding with a game story Saturday evening.