2011 Senior Bowl
About the Author
Recent posts by Nolan Nawrocki
The following is the third in a series of scouting reports for draft prospects who are participating in this year's Senior Bowl. These reports from PFW draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki will be running all week leading up to Saturday evening's game in Mobile, Ala.
OL Clint Boling
University of Georgia
Height: 6-4 7/8 Weight: 310 Speed: 5.20e
Arm: 33¼ Hand: 9½ Age: 22
- Outstanding work ethic — is very self-motivated and driven
- Solid, functional run blocker
- Patient in his sets and does not give up ground when he locks up
- Is quick to sort out the blitz — great instincts and feel for the game
- Is light on his feet and can adjust well to movement, pull and trap
- Has tight ankles and plays a bit straight-legged and tall, negating his power base
- Can improve his punch strength — tends to catch and steer
- Not an elite foot athlete and could struggle some with top speed
- Can do a better job finishing
- Average arm length for the outside
The way we see it
An extremely smart, versatile, four-year starter in the Southeastern Conference, Boling understands angles and positioning, has good functional strength inside and should be able to step into a starting lineup as a very sound, positional blocker from Day One.
Follow our weeklong coverage of the Senior Bowl, with daily reports on practices, analysis, features and columns from our reporters in Mobile, Ala., along with videos, and concluding with a game story Saturday evening.