The following is the second in a series of scouting reports for draft prospects who are participating in this year's Senior Bowl. These reports from PFW draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki will be running all week leading up to Saturday evening's game in Mobile, Ala.
RB Kendall Hunter
Oklahoma State University
Height: 5-7 1/4 Weight: 199 Speed: 4.40e
Arm: 30 1/4 Hand: 9 1/8 Age: 22
- Excellent production
- Built low to ground and avoids direct hits
- Strong hips — runs through arm tackles
- Good instincts and vision to pick holes
- Runs hard and can pull away in a crowd
- Not ideally built to run inside in the NFL
- Raw route runner, seldom used as a receiver
- Lacks lower-body power to absorb blocks
- Inconsistent blocker
- Shaky injury history — has a plate in ankle
The way we see it
Compact, muscular, shifty back who's built low to the ground. Has the run instincts and burst to carry an offense. Will have to answer questions about durability and blocking, but had a strong senior season and should be a solid, productive contributor in the pros.
Follow our weeklong coverage of the Senior Bowl, with daily reports on practices, analysis, features and columns from our reporters in Mobile, Ala., along with videos, and concluding with a game story Saturday evening.