2011 Senior Bowl
About the Author
Recent posts by Nolan Nawrocki
The following is the first in a series of scouting reports for draft prospects who are participating in this year's Senior Bowl. These reports from PFW draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki will be running all week leading up to Saturday evening's game in Mobile, Ala.
QB Jake Locker
University of Washington
Height: 6-2 1/4 Weight: 228 Speed: 4.55e
Arm: 32 Hand: 9 7⁄8 Age: 23
- Extremely tough and ultracompetitive
- Strong-armed — can make all the throws
- Excellent foot speed and escapability
- Can scan the field on the run and improvise
- Gravitating leader
- Questionable football instincts and timing
- Inconsistent ball placement, accuracy
- Very average career completion percentage
- Too quick to tuck and run, and physical run style invites injuries
The way we see it
One of the most physically gifted QB prospects to emerge in the last 20 years, Locker has the makeup of a franchise QB, including ample arm strength, athletic ability and toughness. Best outside the pocket, he still must prove he can settle down and read defenses.
Follow our weeklong coverage of the Senior Bowl, with daily reports on practices, analysis, features and columns from our reporters in Mobile, Ala., along with videos, and concluding with a game story Saturday evening.