Bengals: No announcement on Lewis Monday

Recent posts by Mike Wilkening

Underdogs have made some noise in title round

Posted Jan. 14, 2013 @ 2:36 p.m.

What's next for Browns' offense?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 9:59 p.m.

Running back a need for Lions

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 9:52 p.m.

Divisional round handicapping column

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 4:05 p.m.

Cincinnati Bengals: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 12:50 p.m.

Bengals DE Johnson receives franchise tag

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 1:52 p.m.

Bengals name Hue Jackson RB coach

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

LB Brandon Joiner joins Bengals after prison term

Posted Feb. 04, 2013 @ 7:09 p.m.

Bengals sign OLB Maybin

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 1:04 p.m.

Bengals' foundation solid, but questions remain

Posted Jan. 06, 2013 @ 3:52 p.m.

Texans edge Bengals for wild-card win

Posted Jan. 05, 2013 @ 8:41 p.m.

Friday injury report for wild-card round

Posted Jan. 04, 2013 @ 5:18 p.m.

Key matchup: Texans DE J.J. Watt vs. Bengals O-line

Posted Jan. 04, 2013 @ 1:50 p.m.
Posted Jan. 03, 2011 @ 3:13 p.m. ET
By Mike Wilkening

The Bengals will not have an official announcement on head coach Marvin Lewis' future with the club on Monday, team spokesman Jack Brennan said Monday afternoon.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that head coach Marvin Lewis, whose contract is up, met with president Mike Brown Monday and that the two were expected to have additional meetings. PFW has learned Lewis and Brown will indeed meet Tuesday.

On Sunday, on the topic of meeting with Brown, Lewis said, according to the club's Web site, "I meet with Mike every day."

Lewis, 51, has coached the Bengals for the past eight seasons, leading the Bengals to a 60-69-1 record, which includes a pair of playoff losses.

After the Bengals' season-ending 13-7 loss at Baltimore Sunday, Lewis, whose contract is up, spoke at length about his future.

"I don't know when anything will be decided, just because there's a lot that goes into this, with me, with everybody," Lewis said, according to the club's Web site. "I think I said the other day, for myself where I am right now, my coaching career, and we're at a different point than we were eight years ago. And I think that's big. And I think this football team is a lot different than it was eight years ago. And that's good.

"As I said, the guys in that room should know that, the leaders. And we're in a good spot. It doesn't have to go back, it'll be tough times to fight through. But they don't have to go backwards anymore."

Asked Sunday about what would have to happen for him to return as the Bengals' head coach, Lewis said: "We sit down and we talk, and we all agree. It's got nothing to do with money. Everybody speculates on this or that. I like where things are. As my boss says, 'I'm probably saying too much.'"