Here are some whispers we've been hearing from around the AFC South:
• S Sean Considine's primary role on the Jaguars since losing his starting job after suffering a hamstring injury earlier this season has been on special teams and in dime packages. But Considine is still responsible for two of the team's bigger defensive plays of the year — a forced fumble that set up Mike Thomas' Hail Mary reception against the Texans in Week 10 and an interception of Colt McCoy on the Browns' last drive in Week 11. Word is Considine will be needed to come up big once again in place of starter Courtney Greene, who could miss a week or two with a separated shoulder.
• Blair White has been exceptional for the Colts this season, despite a pair of rookie mistakes in Week 14. Word is White, who has played a large number of snaps this season after not expecting to play much at all, was due for a mistake. The Colts just have to hope he is not hitting the rookie wall.
• The Texans have not been able to get much going on kickoff or punt returns this season. They have tried both Steve Slaton and Jacoby Jones on kicks with little success, and Jones has found the going tough on punts, too. The lack of punch in the return game is in contrast to the last several seasons; the Texans returned a combined seven kickoffs and punts for scores from 2007-09.
• The day after the Titans' 30-28 loss to Indianapolis dropped Tennessee to 5-8, head coach Jeff Fisher noted, "There may be some younger players playing throughout the remaining three games. We'll see what happens."
• Although the Jaguars' first seven home games have all been televised locally this season, we hear that the club could have a hard time selling enough tickets to avoid a blackout for a home playoff game if it takes until Week 16 or Week 17 to clinch the division.
• The way we hear it, Dominic Rhodes was signed by the Colts last week as an insurance policy. Rhodes showed up in great shape, and the team was pleasantly surprised by his familiarity with the offense after almost two full years away from the club.