Three-and-out with Bears S Major Wright

Dan Parr

dparr@pfwmedia.com
Associate editor

Recent posts by Dan Parr

Kuechly wins PFW/PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

CB Munnerlyn hoping to stay with Panthers

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:38 p.m.

Who is the Falcons' most underappreciated receiver?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 11:06 p.m.

Are White-Jones NFL's best WR tandem?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 12:12 p.m.

TE Bennett says he's a Bear

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:14 p.m.

Chicago Bears: 2013 team needs

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

Bears DT Melton receives franchise tag

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 9:15 p.m.

Bears OT Webb arrested on drug charges

Posted Feb. 27, 2013 @ 3:15 p.m.

Trestman 'excited' to be Bears coach, work with Cutler

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 12:03 p.m.

Bears release WR Knox

Posted Feb. 12, 2013 @ 11:04 a.m.

Trestman's patience, smarts will suit him well

Posted Jan. 23, 2013 @ 11:39 a.m.

Tucker takes over Bears' defense

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 6:21 p.m.
Posted Dec. 09, 2010 @ 6:32 p.m. ET
By Dan Parr

Injuries have kept Bears rookie FS Major Wright from making the kind of progression some expected of him in 2010, but when PFW caught up with him on Thursday, the third-round pick told us that he feels like he's getting better each week. Wright missed the final three preseason games with a broken thumb and he injured his hamstring in Week Two, which kept him out of the next five games. He has 11 tackles this season and has rotated in at safety along with starters Chris Harris and Danieal Manning since he returned from the hamstring injury in Week Nine.

PFW: Now that you've been back for five straight games, do you feel more comfortable in this defense? Do you have a good sense of your role?

Wright: I'm definitely more comfortable. Getting game reps, it makes things different. (It's not like) just watching it. I think I'm getting better.

PFW: There are a lot of veterans on this defense, including some of your fellow safeties. Do they go out of their way to steer you in the right direction when you're getting reps at practice?

Wright: They're very helpful. I commend them on that — for helping me as much as they do because they really don't have to. That's not their job. They help me a lot on the field and off the field. Anytime I need anything, I can call them and they'll be there for me.

PFW: How would you describe MLB Brian Urlacher's leadership style?

Wright: He leads more by example. He's a very humble guy. He's a guy you can look up to and try to follow in his footsteps. ... He's a go-getter. He's one of those guys that studies film and knows what he's doing.