Three-and-out with Bears WR Devin Aromashodu

Dan Parr

dparr@pfwmedia.com
Associate editor

Recent posts by Dan Parr

Kuechly wins PFW/PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

CB Munnerlyn hoping to stay with Panthers

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:38 p.m.

Who is the Falcons' most underappreciated receiver?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 11:06 p.m.

Are White-Jones NFL's best WR tandem?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 12:12 p.m.

TE Bennett says he's a Bear

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:14 p.m.

Chicago Bears: 2013 team needs

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

Bears DT Melton receives franchise tag

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 9:15 p.m.

Bears OT Webb arrested on drug charges

Posted Feb. 27, 2013 @ 3:15 p.m.

Trestman 'excited' to be Bears coach, work with Cutler

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 12:03 p.m.

Bears release WR Knox

Posted Feb. 12, 2013 @ 11:04 a.m.

Trestman's patience, smarts will suit him well

Posted Jan. 23, 2013 @ 11:39 a.m.

Tucker takes over Bears' defense

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 6:21 p.m.
Posted Nov. 12, 2010 @ 9:15 a.m. ET
By Dan Parr

Expectations were high for Bears WR Devin Aromashodu heading into this season after his strong finish to the 2009 campaign, which included a seven-catch, 150-yard performance in Week 16 against the Vikings, who will visit Soldier Field for the first time since that game on Sunday. He has struggled to establish a role in Mike Martz's offense, however, making just two catches since Week One — both in Week Six. PFW caught up with Aromashodu this week and we discussed what he needs to do to get more playing time and whether he's getting more comfortable in Martz's scheme.

PFW: How much more comfortable are you in the offense compared to when the season started and how much have you improved in that time?

Aromashodu: Being in it and taking reps, with it being the 10th week of the season, it definitely has given me more confidence, knowing I can hear the play and go out there and play fast. The more games we play, the more we'll improve as a group.

PFW: There was talk earlier in the season about you not liking the slot. Is that still something that's an issue?

Aromashodu: That's not an issue. I'll play anywhere my team needs me to play.

PFW: What are you hearing from coaches in terms of their critiques of you, and how unhappy are you with your role right now?

Aromashodu: Just that I need to hustle more. Finish plays. That's a big thing. I've got to finish. I'm trying to focus on finishing. … Of course I want to be out there playing more, but we're winning. We've won five games. We're in the hunt to make the playoffs, so that's the main goal overall.