Three-and-out with Bears CB Corey Graham

Dan Parr

dparr@pfwmedia.com
Associate editor

Recent posts by Dan Parr

Kuechly wins PFW/PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

CB Munnerlyn hoping to stay with Panthers

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:38 p.m.

Who is the Falcons' most underappreciated receiver?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 11:06 p.m.

Are White-Jones NFL's best WR tandem?

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 12:12 p.m.

TE Bennett says he's a Bear

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:14 p.m.

Chicago Bears: 2013 team needs

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:51 a.m.

Bears DT Melton receives franchise tag

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 9:15 p.m.

Bears OT Webb arrested on drug charges

Posted Feb. 27, 2013 @ 3:15 p.m.

Trestman 'excited' to be Bears coach, work with Cutler

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 12:03 p.m.

Bears release WR Knox

Posted Feb. 12, 2013 @ 11:04 a.m.

Trestman's patience, smarts will suit him well

Posted Jan. 23, 2013 @ 11:39 a.m.

Tucker takes over Bears' defense

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 6:21 p.m.
Posted Nov. 05, 2010 @ 11:21 a.m. ET
By Dan Parr

CB Corey Graham will be facing the team he grew up cheering for Sunday, when the Bears travel to Toronto to face the Bills. Graham, a Buffalo native, has stood out on special teams this season, making a team-high 13 special-teams tackles, according to team statistics. Graham also will serve as Chicago's third corner against the Bills, as CB Zack Bowman (foot) is not expected to play. PFW caught up with Graham earlier this week and asked him about chasing the team record set by former Bears LB Tim Shaw, who made 30 special-teams tackles in 2009.

PFW: Is Tim Shaw's record for special-teams tackles on your mind when you go to cover a punt or kickoff return?

Graham: No, to be honest with you. When you're out there you kind of black out. To be a good special-teams player you kind of have to be from a different breed. You can't really think about stuff like that. When I'm out there I'm not really thinking about a record or this or that. I'm just trying to play as fast and as physical and as hard as I possibly can. But before the game and after the game I think about it, whether or not I was able to get some tackles or what they were doing against me or what I need to do to get better. I definitely pride myself on that. I want to make tackles every time.

PFW: What's your scouting report on Bills KR C.J. Spiller?

Graham: He is fast. He's electrifying. He and (Bills punt returner) Roscoe Parrish. We watched a little film of those guys and those guys are amazing. They're fast as all hell. They're making a lot of plays. They kind of remind you of Devin (Hester). They outrun angles. Roscoe Parrish might be one of the quickest guys in the league, so we have to go out there and make plays. If we just get a lot of guys to the ball we should be all right.

PFW: I heard you were a Bills fan growing up. Did that stop when the Bears drafted you or do you still have an affinity for the Bills?

Graham: I like the Bills. I always have. Don't get me wrong. I still pay attention to see what they're doing. All the people in my family are Bills fans, so I know exactly what's going on with the Bills, but I'm with the Bears. This is what pays the bills. This is what I really care about.