Holmgren insists he's focused on current role

Browns strike early, sign Kruger

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:23 p.m.

Cleveland Browns: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 1 p.m.

Browns hire Farmer as assistant GM

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:01 a.m.

Chudzinski offers little on Browns' QB situation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 11:22 a.m.

Browns owner back as CEO with family business

Posted Feb. 11, 2013 @ 9:55 p.m.

Report: Eagles peg Davis as defensive coordinator

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 11:40 a.m.

Browns release DE Rucker

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 4:39 p.m.

Browns hire three assistants

Posted Jan. 22, 2013 @ 6:48 p.m.

Browns hire Horton as defensive coordinator

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 4:26 p.m.
Posted Nov. 02, 2010 @ 10:32 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Browns president Mike Holmgren indicated Tuesday he is committed to his current job, but the former Seahawks and Packers head coach's future in football was a topic of discussion at his press conference.

"No, I'm doing OK," Holmgren said when asked about coaching again after being away from the sidelines the last two seasons. "Does it sound like I want to coach? No, I'm doing OK. The challenge of this is really something for me, and I'm enjoying the challenge. I'd be less than honest if I didn't say I get fired up watching the games. I mean, I did that for too long not to react sometimes the way I do, but I also recognize what I was hired to do, and that's what I'm trying to do."

Asked about wearing a suit on game day, as well as if he felt a commitment to Browns owner Randy Lerner as president, "Absolutely, I made a promise and I'm going to stick with it. Now, if I keep wearing a suit or not, we'll see."

Later, Holmgren expanded on his "suit" comment when asked if it meant he wanted to return to coaching.

"You are catching me at a weak moment. I just came off vacation," Holmgren said, joking. "I love coaching. I am doing what I am doing now, and that's what I plan to be doing. My commitment is to get the Browns going in the right direction and having people feel good about their football team in my role as the president. When I talk to Randy (Lerner) honestly about those things, I am being honest about it. Right now, that's what I am going to do."

The way we see it

Until Holmgren says he is completely done with coaching for good, speculation about an eventual return to the sidelines will continue.