About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Oct. 31, 2010 @ 3:33 p.m. ET
Here are the Week Eight fantasy player rankings for quarterbacks:
Byes: Bears, Falcons, Ravens, Browns, Giants, Eagles
- Peyton Manning, Colts vs. Texans
- Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Titans
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers at Jets
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Saints
- Kyle Orton, Broncos vs. 49ers
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Steelers
- Matt Schaub, Texans at Colts
- Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Vikings
- Donovan McNabb, Redskins at Lions
- Carson Palmer, Bengals vs. Dolphins
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Chiefs
- Matthew Stafford, Lions vs. Redskins
- Jon Kitna, Cowboys vs. Jaguars
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers at Cardinals
- Sam Bradford, Rams vs. Panthers
- Matt Moore, Panthers at Rams
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs vs. Bills
- Chad Henne, Dolphins at Bengals
- Mark Sanchez, Jets vs. Packers
- Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks at Raiders
- Brett Favre, Vikings at Patriots — INJ (ACTIVE)
- David Garrard, Jaguars at Cowboys — UP
- Vince Young, Titans at Chargers — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Troy Smith, 49ers at Broncos
- Max Hall, Cardinals vs. Buccaneers — UP
- Jason Campbell, Raiders vs. Seahawks
Not listed: Tony Romo, Cowboys; Alex Smith, 49ers; Bruce Gradkowski, Raiders
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in Michael Blunda's fantasy report on Sunday mornings.
Watch for Pat Fitzmaurice's "Ten Most Intriguing Players of Week One" on Wednesday and "Fitz's Four-Course Fantasy Feast" on Thursday.