Colts announce that TE Clark will have surgery, go on I.R.

Colts add OT Cherilus, CB Toler

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:31 p.m.

Indianapolis Colts: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 2:20 p.m.

Report: Colts tag P McAfee

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 2:03 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Freeney's exit latest example of Colts' sea change

Posted Feb. 16, 2013 @ 3:24 p.m.

Colts inform Freeney he won't be re-signed

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 5:17 p.m.

Pagano feeling lucky after battle with cancer

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 6:14 p.m.

Indy organizers eager to bid on 2018 Super Bowl

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 3:34 p.m.

Colts add two assistants

Posted Jan. 30, 2013 @ 1:22 p.m.
Posted Oct. 22, 2010 @ 11:58 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

The Colts announced Friday that TE Dallas Clark will have wrist surgery next week and will be placed on the injured reserve list.

Clark, a Pro Bowler in 2009 after logging a career-best 100 catches for 1,106 yards and 10 touchdowns, injured his wrist in the Week Six victory over the Redskins.

He consulted with the Colts' medical staff and second-opinion specialists before opting for the season-ending surgery.

"It's unfortunate, but it's been confirmed that surgery is necessary to repair the injury to my wrist," Clark said in a statement released by the team. "I have met with three great surgeons, Dr. (Arthur) Rettig of the Colts, Dr. (Thomas) Wiedrich in Chicago and Dr. (Thomas) Graham in Cleveland. All three have helped me and my family out tremendously during this process. I look forward to supporting my teammates the rest of this season and rehabilitating my wrist back to full strength for next season."

The way we see it

The Colts' bye week is coming at the right time as the injury bug has bitten their offense. WR Austin Collie had thumb surgery and is out for at least a few weeks. Also, RB Joseph Addai suffered a neck/shoulder injury Sunday night and his status going forward is unknown. Plus, RB Donald Brown missed the past two games with a hamstring injury and WR Anthony Gonzalez hasn't played since Week One because of a sprained right ankle.

Clark leads all tight ends with 37 receptions this season. He had 347 yards and three touchdowns. He is one of the best in the league and one of QB Peyton Manning's favorite targets.

Fantasy Spin

If you own Clark, it's time to move on to Plan B. While there are many productive tight ends in the league this season, Clark is arguably in the top two with Antonio Gates.