Here's a look at the Vikings' MVP candidates through four games:
1. RB Adrian Peterson: He got going in the second half of the Jets game after getting bottled up a bit early, and it's clear that the arrival of WR Randy Moss is going to be very helpful to him. Opponents must decide how they are going to defend the Vikings, and a heavy dose of Peterson can be very damaging to a defense. He has been the team's most consistent offensive player all season long.
2. WR Percy Harvin: Monday was Harvin's coming-out party this season, and like Peterson it was not insignificant that it occured the night Moss arrived. Harvin looked healthy coming off the bye, making a great catch and run for his first TD of the game and then making a sprawling grab in the back of the endzone for his second. Harvin abused Jets CBs Kyle Wilson and Darrelle Revis several times and looks like he's starting to hit his stride.
3. OLB Chad Greenway: He has been a steady, three-down force for most of the season so far and one of the more consistent run defenders. Greenway also has been asked to cover tight ends at times, although he split that duty Monday with E.J. Henderson. If there was a knock from Monday's performance, when he finished with a team-high 10 tackles, it was that Greenway was cleaned out on a 3rd-and-short by Jets FB Tony Richardson.
4. MLB E.J. Henderson: He has returned to the lineup with force, improving with each passing week and yet making plays of note in almost every game so far. Although Henderson sometimes gets caught in bad positions in space when asked to cover, he did a nice job on Jets TE Dustin Keller and had nine tackles.
5. CB Antoine Winfield: Generally, teams have gone away from him in the early going, prefering to pick on whomever lines up at right corner. That should continue with Cedric Griffin's big loss to injury. Winfield has not been perfect, though, missing a tackle on Braylon Edwards and dropping a would-be interception. But he had two passes defended in the game and has solidified the secondary, which has been a source of some trouble.