Delhomme (ankle) limited; Mangini "optimistic"

Browns strike early, sign Kruger

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:23 p.m.

Cleveland Browns: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 1 p.m.

Browns hire Farmer as assistant GM

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:01 a.m.

Chudzinski offers little on Browns' QB situation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 11:22 a.m.

Browns owner back as CEO with family business

Posted Feb. 11, 2013 @ 9:55 p.m.

Report: Eagles peg Davis as defensive coordinator

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 11:40 a.m.

Browns release DE Rucker

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 4:39 p.m.

Browns hire three assistants

Posted Jan. 22, 2013 @ 6:48 p.m.

Browns hire Horton as defensive coordinator

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 4:26 p.m.
Posted Oct. 07, 2010 @ 4:45 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Browns QB Jake Delhomme (ankle) was limited in practice Thursday, the second consecutive day this week he practiced, but not fully, as he tries to return to the lineup Sunday vs. Atlanta.

"He felt pretty good this morning, which is positive," head coach Eric Mangini said Thursday morning, indicating that he was "optimistic" on Delhomme's status. Mangini said Delhomme was slated to do "a little bit more here today and then we'll just keep playing it by ear through the end of the week."

Before practice on Thursday, Delhomme said he felt "very good" a day removed from Wednesday's practice, according to the team.

"I think I did a lot more than I did last week and it didn't blow up on me," Delhomme said of his ankle. "I feel encouraged. The coaches will make that decision, I think it will be evident by what they see in practice with how well I move and how manageable I can be with this system and what we have going."

If Delhomme couldn't play, Seneca Wallace would make another start. Wallace "got a substantial amount of reps" in practice Wednesday, Mangini said, as the Browns try to get both quarterbacks ready.

The way we see it

If Delhomme plays Sunday, he'll face an Atlanta defense that has intercepted an NFL-best eight passes this season.

While Delhomme had a season to forget as a member of the Panthers in 2009, he did play well in a pair of starts vs. the Falcons. In Week Two, he completed 25-of-41 passes for 308 yards with one TD and one interception in a loss at Atlanta. He played even better in the rematch in Carolina eight weeks later, throwing for 195 yards (15-of-24 passing) and two TDs with no interceptions in a winning effort. That was the only time he threw multiple TDs and no interceptions in ’09.