They Said It: Vikings edition

Vikings trade Harvin to Seahawks

Posted March 11, 2013 @ 1:44 p.m.

Minnesota Vikings: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 5:46 p.m.

Detroit Lions: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:22 p.m.

Lions re-sign LB Levy

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 12:59 p.m.

Vikings release WR Jenkins

Posted March 05, 2013 @ 1:05 p.m.

Lions re-sign OT Hilliard

Posted March 01, 2013 @ 12:05 p.m.

Frazier: Harvin excited about being a Viking

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 10:57 a.m.

Vikings GM: No intent to trade Harvin

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 12:11 p.m.
Posted Sept. 27, 2010 @ 11:49 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

Here is a sampling of what Vikings players had to say following their first win of the season, a 24-10 victory over the Lions in Week Three:

QB Brett Favre on Sunday’s offensive performance against the Lions: “It was one of those games, where I think we need to take the position that — and I know our team has — that regardless of how many (points) we’re up, how well we’re playing, that we can’t score enough points. We have to have that mentality.”

Favre on the timing of the team’s bye in Week Four: “Whenever the bye week comes, I think I’ve always been asked that question: Is this a good time for the bye week? I would like to see it later, to be quite honest with you. It’s a long stretch after this.”

CB Cedric Griffin on returning to the field in Week Three following offseason knee surgery: “When you take time away from the game, you learn a bit more. Your awareness is heightened, you gain appreciation for the game and that’s what I did. I appreciate this game and I love this game. I’m glad my teammates supported me and the coaches allowed me to get back into practice and get up to speed and get back out here for the Lions.”

CB Chris Cook onr eturning from a knee injury and having to face Lions WR Calvin Johnson:
“I like being challenged and it was just time for me to step up when he lined up across from me. I was ready.”

WR Percy Harvin on where his touchdown catch on Sunday ranks:
“It’s up there. I think last year I had a couple that I would put ahead of this one but it was a great catch and I was glad to get the win, and get our offense moving somewhat and enter the bye week with a little bit of confidence.”