About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Sept. 26, 2010 @ 12:13 p.m. ET
Posted Sept. 21, 2010 @ 10:35 p.m. ET
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers at Bears
- Peyton Manning, Colts at Broncos
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Falcons
- Tony Romo, Cowboys at Texans
- Matt Schaub, Texans vs. Cowboys
- Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Bills
- Donovan McNabb, Redskins at Rams
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Seahawks
- Jay Cutler, Bears vs. Packers
- Brett Favre, Vikings vs. Lions
- Eli Manning, Giants vs. Titans
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Saints
- Michael Vick, Eagles at Jaguars — UP
- Sam Bradford, Rams vs. Redskins
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Browns
- Kyle Orton, Broncos vs. Colts
- Carson Palmer, Bengals at Panthers
- Bruce Gradkowski, Raiders at Cardinals
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Steelers
- David Garrard, Jaguars vs. Eagles
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Chiefs
- Vince Young, Titans at Giants
- Derek Anderson, Cardinals vs. Raiders
- Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks vs. Chargers
- Shaun Hill, Lions at Vikings
- Charlie Batch, Steelers at Buccaneers
- Chad Henne, Dolphins vs. Jets
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Dolphins
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs vs. 49ers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Patriots
- Jimmy Clausen, Panthers vs. Bengals
- Seneca Wallace, Browns at Ravens
- Jake Delhomme, Browns at Ravens — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Dennis Dixon, Steelers; Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers; Matthew Stafford, Lions
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in Michael Blunda's fantasy report on Sunday mornings.
Watch for Pat Fitzmaurice's "Ten Most Intriguing Players of Week One" on Wednesday and "Fitz's Four-Course Fantasy Feast" on Thursday.