The NFL handed out fines to some of their most well-known players on Friday in response to some illegal plays made in Week One. (Players are listed alphabetically):
- Cardinals DE Calais Campbell — $5,000 for a late hit on Rams QB Sam Bradford.
- Patriots SS Patrick Chung — $5,000 for a late hit.
- Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett — $5,000 for tweeting inside 90 minutes of kickoff.
- Texans RB Arian Foster — $5,000 for grabbing the facemask of Colts S Antoine Bethea.
- Vikings ORT Phil Loadholt — $10,000 for a pair of unnecessary-roughness penalties.
- Panthers CB Sherrod Martin — $5,000 for hitting Giants TE Kevin Boss while the receiver was defenseless.
- Broncos DLE Ryan McBean — $5,000 for a facemask penalty on Jaguars QB David Garrard.
- Bears DE Julius Peppers — $5,000 for hitting Lions QB Matthew Stafford in the head.
- Texans CB Glover Quin — $5,000 for hitting Colts WR Reggie Wayne while the receiver was defenseless. (Quin also had been fined $5,000 earlier in the week for wearing his socks incorrectly.)
- Cowboys DT Jay Ratliff — $5,000 for hitting Redskins QB Donovan McNabb below the knee, violating the "Brady Rule."
- Titans LB Stephen Tulloch — $7,500 for a horse-collar tackle on Raiders RB Darren McFadden.
- Bears LB Brian Urlacher — $5,000 for a late hit.